Operations and Communications | Christmas
the Bike Club is looking for someone bright and motivated to join us this winter. Children love Christmas, and as we sell children's bikes, we are pretty busy over the Christmas period!
This seasonal role would ideally suit someone looking for some paid work experience, who would love to work in an exciting start up environment.
You’ll be the face of our member services (our customers are called members) and will play a key part in making sure that children get their bikes down the chimney on Christmas morning.
Note: Don’t worry, you will not need to be working on Christmas day
We need someone who is bright, flexible and ready to work in an unconventional business. We’re interested in meeting people that are:
- Quick learners
- Excellent communicators with immaculate written English
- Excited about learning and applying new skills
- Patient, considerate and empathetic (customer service experience preferable but not necessary)
- Wanting to grow personally and professionally
- Able to manage a busy workload with minimal supervision
- A tech native (i.e. pretty good with a computer/phone)
- Currently living in or near London, UK (willing/able to commute)
- Available full or part time for at least 4 weeks of work
- Keen cyclists! We'd love to say that the ability to ride a bike is essential, however we would welcome anyone who perfectly fits the role (whether you cycle or not!)
- Bike mechanics – very welcome (cytec anyone?)
About the role
The role is split into two parts, one of day-to-day tasks and another of more interesting strategic projects:
- Member correspondence
- Manage the distribution and refurbishment of bicycles (effectively a Christmas elf)
- Responsible for compiling work order details for mechanic
- Credit checks and direct debit setup
Special projects for the Christmas month:
- Premises search
- Assisting with general end of year audit
- And many other magical mystery tours of the start-up world
Points to note:
- This role requires a lot of independent working, we don’t have a fixed premises yet and are currently looking at various warehouses – it’s unlikely we’ll have one of those cool swanky start-up offices until we have done our next fundraising round
- As a result, you need to be flexible with your working hours, sometimes we won’t expect you to start early but we might need to have a late meeting (and vice versa)
- We’re a cloud based company that supports independent and flexible working, you’ll have to be pretty motivated and capable of working in a small and busy team
Don't have LinkedIn? No harm in that, complete the application below and we'll be in touch pronto.